The Hooksett Police Department’s Child Passenger Safety Program currently consists of Nationally Certified Child Passenger Safety Technicians who have completed a 32-hour course in the proper installation of child restraints from infants to young adults. The purpose of this program is to provide guidance, information and instruction with the installation of child restraints (car seats) into a motor vehicle, to the citizens of Hooksett and the surrounding communities.
Facts about Safety in Cars*
- Road injuries are the leading cause of preventable deaths and injuries to children in the United States.
- Correctly used child safety seats can reduce the risk of death by as much as 71%.
- Three out of four car seats are not used or installed correctly.
According to NH Law child restraints are required for children under 7 years old and 57″ or shorter. http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxi/265/265-107-a.htm
If you would like help installing your car seat or would like it checked, we would be happy to help. Appointments can be made by contacting one of our certified technicians directly.
Dispatcher Scott Eaton 603-624-1560 ext. 365 email@example.com
Sergeant Valerie Lamy 603-624-1560 x417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Officer Travis Mannon 603-624-1560 ext. 421 email@example.com
Useful Information Before the Car Seat Checkup*
- Be prepared to learn, not just watch the CPS technician install the car seat. They’re trained to teach you.
- Try to schedule an appointment one to two months prior to your baby’s due date just in case you deliver early. Many CPS technicians and their agencies require appointments several weeks in advance.
- If your child is already born, know your child’s weight and height, and bring your child with you. If possible, also bring another adult to help watch the child while you are learning.
- Install the seat I your vehicle before your car seat checkup appointment. Be sure to use the instructions that came with the child car seat and the instructions in your vehicle owner’s manual regarding car seats.
- Bring the car seat instructions and the vehicle owner’s manual with you to your appointment.
www.safekids.org The website for Safe Kids Worldwide provides safety tips and recall information.
www.safekidsnh.org The website for the New Hampshire division of Safe Kids.
*info from safekids.org